Sunday, March 18, 2007

Mothering Sunday...




The third Sunday in March is the day the U.K. celebrates "Mothering Sunday"--or mother's day. So having my mum here for this special day was pretty nifty!

I cooked us salmon for lunch with various veggies: potato, carrots, and carmelized parsnips--my mum made them.

One of my colleauges from church joinned us for lunch and then took us for a journey to Loch Lomond--one of the more famous lakes in Scotland. Unfortunately, the weather permitted us from visiting the nude-ist colony--JUST KIDDING! There really is one on an island there, so I am told, but that isn't why we went. Actually, Loch Lomond is home to one of the large golf courses where Tiger Woods was actually playing at last year, though I don't remember the name of the tournament--probably the "Scottish Open".
It's a small world to think that I only live about a 45 minute drive from this course. Hm...

On Sunday night, Melissa & I ventured into the city centre of Glasgow to see some more culture. We had a taste of some live music and even had a wee snack which we ate in Central Station. A most memorable night!

Love,
Jamie

No comments: