In the afternoon, I ventured out for a new hair do & hair dresser--the latter a very scary adventure for me given past experiences of new people doing my hair. The guy who regularly cuts it just "disappeared"--I couldn't even reach him on his mobile (cell phone)--the number no longer existed. So, Omar was the next best man for the job. He is originally from Lebanon. Needless to say, he did a great job, and the hair cut was better than I thought possible. :o) He even gave me a beautiful necklace from his shop for my birthday. A gem of a man!
Then I hurried back to the flat to prepare the eats and atmosphere for the open house. Setting up was lots of fun! Even my neighbors from downstairs in the close (stairs) ventured up for a wee while with their almost two-year old. Without them, I wouldn't have had the correct recipe for a waldorf salad--i think i was just going to make something up! So, Thanks Chrissy, Gardner & Henry!
About 8pm, the first guest arrived...and lots of other beautiful people ensued. I am blessed to have them in my life here...
All in all, it was a perfect birthday.
Thanks to everyone for remembering my birthday, sending cards, etc. and making it special!
Here are some pics:




2 comments:
oh man i think i always forget everyones birthday... i did send you a card recently though... but not a birthday one.. what a bad friend i am
Hope you had a Happy Birthday Jamie! Love the hair :-)
Post a Comment