Thursday, June 28, 2007

Not just a boy band...



"Naturally 7"...

no, not 7 boy bands, but 7 guys in a band which actually make "band noises". Can you believe it? I couldn't either.

I was walking past the outdoor stage beside the Cathedral at Kirchentag on Saturday afternoon, and heard this very interesting music...
soulful music...
which made me stop in my tracks and listen...
while I listened...
each band member was introduced by name & instrument that the play...
bass guitar, drums, saxophone, harmonica...i don't remember them all...
but the band's name:
naturally 7

They were something else. In fact I was so impressed and moved by their gifts, that I got in the queue for a cd and their autographs...who would have thought I would wait around--especially at my age---for the autographs of a boy band...but i did. I also got mauled by the crowd, walking away with someone's nail having sliced my hand---yikes! But what do you expect from German teen-aged girls...when these beautiful, attractive Americas of African descent are there to give signatures...

Anyway, if any of ya'll get the chance to hear these guys, I would recommend it.
here's their German website:
http://www.n7house.de/ (not sure about a U.S. one...)
They are originally from New York City.

A shout out to naturally 7...

cheers,
J

No comments: