Monday, June 11, 2007

Hello from Nijmegen

I have completed my stay in Germany, and perhaps not soon enough for me. Still, I have arrived safely in the Netherlands where I am visiting my friend Saskia. I met two young folk on the train from Chicago---having someone to speak english with was a great blessing! :o)

Anyway, I love being here in the Netherlands...but that's probably because I'm with Saskia, and nothing can go wrong! Last night I was greated with a huge thunderstorm. We got super wet but had a great time getting to the house. We even met some people at a 'shelter' along the way. These people were waiting for a taxi and had been waiting for over 2 hours already. Because one of them was in a wheel chair, they couldn't take shelter anywhere else--the streets were flooded upto ankle deep or so. Saskia gave the woman her sweater and we went on our way. When we arrived at the house, we were thankful the water wasn't up to the front door, though we were drenched.

Today, we went into the city in order to collect a bicycle so that we could cycle around. It was much fun, and I am so glad that we could borrow a bike from a friend. Cycling back to the house was so much fun! This is a definite must activity for anyone visiting the Netherlands.

As for tomorrow, well, that's a new day and who knows what it will bring. :o)

Jx

2 comments:

Bec said...

have a wonderful tome together in the Netherlands!

Bec :)

Duane Joostberns said...

Jamie- I hope you are having a good time in our ancestral homeland! Are you coming to Aemrica this summer? You remain in our thoughts and prayers. Blessings, Duane Joostberns