We had a quiet hogmanay and new year ...
One of my friends came for a visit to the North Country (Scotland) from the South Country (England). Carole is a Methodist minister who I met on Iona my first summer here. She worked in the MacLeod Centre Kitchen, and I in the MacLeod Centre Housekeeping department. Anyway, she and I connected and have been friends ever since. Since I had the chance to visit her in Bradford last June, she came for a visit in Glasgow this January.
On New Year's Day, we visited the Botanic Gardens--which to our surprise were actually open on New Year's Day. Seeing all the lovely "killer plants" from my own country was a great way to spend bits of the day. Most of all, being out for a walk was lovely in itself. Ironically, we even saw folk we knew who had the same great idea--to walk through the gardens. Later on that night, we went round to a friend's house for dinner with her and her family--and to watch the New Year's Episode of "The Vicar of Dibley"--the final episode. Again, great food & great company made the day special.

No comments:
Post a Comment