Howdy! I am in London...well actually the Greenwich part of London, and am having a great time.
Saturday, June 17...
John and I were at the Guildford Cathedral for the Guildford Diocese's Day of Prayer. This was a valuable experience, and I am especially greatful to have had the chance to lead a workshop on Old Testament women's stories. We were able to encounter the stories of Hannah and Rizpah, but needed another 40 minutes or so to include Jael and Dinah too. I definately had planned more than was able to be accomplished in the hour we had. Still, the attendees were engaging and imaginative; and the workshop was beneficial for all.
Sunday, June 18...
I am sleeping on the eastern side of the meridian, and yesterday, I had my picture taken (film) with half of me in one hemisphere and half of me in the other...I was in two places at once. :o)
I attended a united (federated/combined) church--methodist and united reformed church--where my colleagues husband is the minister. It is a small congregation, but represents well the various social/economic/cultural diversity of the area.
Today, (Mon) June 19...
I spent most of the day working on catching up emails, details for worship this coming sunday in Bradford, hanging out with my colleague's children, and watching some football (oops, i mean soccer).
Tomorrow (Tues) June 20...
Alison and I are doing some of the touristy things in London. I hope to visit St. Paul's church, Buckingham Palace, and the Parliment Building...at least. This should be do able, to be back home in time for tea and to watch England's thrid world cup match. Then, I have a phone conversation / interview with a church in the states.
Wednesday, June 21...
has me doing some more work, and touring of London to evetually end up on the North side to spend the evening with my friend Caryn who is a freelancer for the BBC. Should be fun!
Thursday, June 22...
home to Glasgow
Monday, June 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment