Greetings all!
As of yesterday, I have submitted two different applications for the position of campus minister. One is in Wisconsin and the other in Michigan. I have some other positions I will be applying for too but wanted to at least let you know about these. Please pray for me in this application and decision process.
This month I have a few trips planned and confirmed.
March 3-6 I will be making a trip to Edinburgh to stay with some friends and see some more of the city that I haven't yet seen.
March 12 John & I are away for an evening event in Dumbarton (about 35 min drive west of Glasgow). The Dumbarton Churches Together are hosting an event at St. Augustine's Episcopal Church called "Men, Women, & God.
March 17-21 I am away to Northern Ireland. I will be spending some time with Jayne in Belfast, who I met on Iona this summer. I am looking forward to being on the Green Island for St. Patrick's Day. Hopefully, I will get to take some great photos.
March 26 is the next Holy City event, Soul Searching: Suffer the Little People. The theme for the evening is about suffering. We will be encountering and discussing some of the ways that people and the earth suffer. For one of the workshops, I will be offering a talk on Environmental Estrogens, etc. and how the earth suffers. I don't have my outline finished yet, but hopefully will include excerpts from various parts of scripture: Hosea, Leviticus 25-26, Romans 12. And hope to address big news items like: dolly the sheep, genetic manipulations (GMOs etc.), and maybe the nuclear issue?
So, that's a little bit about what to expect I will be doing in March---alongside my other regular duties.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment