Dear Friends....
For some time now, I have fallen for the 'city life' of Glasgow. In fact, only until my trip to Belfast for some St. Paddy's day celebrations, some coffee and conversations, and special visitations...did I think the only place for me was Glasgow. Well, I enjoyed Belfast immensely. So much so, that I would consider moving there permanently---or at least for some time--don't tell my family. Oh, I do hope that if ever any of you who are reading this get the chance to travel overseas, that you visit Belfast. And plan to take the one-hour city tour on an open top, double decker bus (costs £9...about $16-18US dollars)...but is definately worth the experience. I actually learned so much in the one hour about the city, that it was more efficent for learning than sitting in a one-hour lecture of a history course. I took lots of photos, but...all of them are on actual film and not in digital format*. So, you will have to wait or you can visit the Belfast website at:
Well, that's about all for this moment...I have more to tell you about a coffee shop and the church i visited while I was there, not to mention all the folk I met...
so, until later...
much love,
jamie
*I haven't written the post for Nov 27...because I am still procrastinating about it. But in a nutshell, my entire back pack (with purse, cd player, journal, bible, and digital camera, money, jewelry, etc.) was stolen from the church I was at on that Sunday night. I was only away from it for about 15-20 minutes. So, over the past three months, I have saved up some money and bought a second-hand film camera so I could at least take pictures. I'll have to wait awhile to have another digital...c'est la vie.
Saturday, March 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment