"I haven't a scoobey"
Indeed, today, I learned a new word/phrase---well actually two--1) eachy peachy and 2) I haven't a scoobey. Eachy peachy is synonomous with 6 of one & half a dozen of another or a kind of give and take. As for the other phrase, it is part of the UK culture of 'rhyming slang', and means "I don't have a clue". Do you get it? The connection to Scoobey Doo--who always has clues about who the 'bad guy' is. Some small food for thoughts of the day.
And just to add one more I learned today, I went to ask for help with eachy peachy from the women in the fincance and membership office, and over heard the word: dotery (dou-ter-ee). The women described it as 'old, forgetful, slow and pre-senile', and a polite way of indicating these characteristics without offense. Well,... I am not sure whom they were referring too, probably the ancient, pre-historic, dot-matrix printer. Anyway...thought you might be interested.
Thursday, March 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment