I am well, and things here are pretty regular.
The last few weeks have been excessively busy in the office with our catalogue supplement and the new edition of Goosegander (bi-annual newsletter of WGRG) being printed. They arrived last Monday before my return to Glasgow, and I spent the rest of the week (with help) and then these last three days stuffing and franking and mailing them all. I am really excited about this particular Goosegander, because I wrote an article/ reflection for it. So hopefully, good things will come from it. The only bummer is that my footnotes didn't appear. oops.
Sunday was our monthly Holy City event: "Soul Searching: suffer the little ones". I was asked to offer a workshop on environmental estrogens and did some writing for bits in the worship as well. The event was a success, in my opinion and some others' too---but the truth will be told on Thrusday night at our debriefing/planning meeting. The workshop reminded me of two things: my love for science and my love of teaching
As for the upcoming days and weeks...
April 1-2, I am away to an event with John in Broughty Ferry (Dundee--near St. Andrews). I will also get a chance to see my friend/colleague Stuart Muir, who is the pastoral musician at the cathedral in the city center of Dundee---St. Paul's I think its called. I suppose I may even get the chance to visit St. Andrews and see a few friends...time permitting.
April 8-18, John & I will be joining Kathy Galloway (Leader of the Iona Community), Alison Adams (Worship Works--colleague of John's), and others on the Iona for Holy Week. I will be helping facillitate the stations of the cross and some 'big sings'.
The rest of April is up for grabs at this particular moment...because I cannot remember what is scheduled in the diary (calendar) and because John is away to the States for these weeks. So, i don't know where I will be away to--if anywhere.
As for the rest, I cannot believe that April is already around the corner. I have applied for some college chaplain posts in the States and have some other opportunites/ applications up my sleave. If you think of me, please pray for discernment.
well, must run for now...bed is calling me
Blessings to you all,
Jamie
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment