skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Departure from Iona
Departure day from the Island of Iona has arrived for me. A sad yet curious moment it was. I arrived at the jetty to sail away on the 9am ferry to start my journey to the city—Glasgow. Bobby and Anne were journeying with me to the coastal city, Oban, where I would board the train into the city. As is the custom of the Iona Community when their people depart, a myriad of the resident staff and the vollies gathered at the jetty to wave me off. Well, this particular morning, the ferry could not land because the currents and waves in the sound were too large. So, after a second failed attempt, the ferry left without dropping off and picking up passengers. Hmm…what do I do? Well, Bobby, Anne and I ventured off to have a cup of tea (a brilliant UK pastime) while we waited for the next attempt of the ferry to make it to the small island of Iona. Eventually we were successful in boarding the 11am ferry and away I went. I suppose I knew that I would be back…but I wasn’t certain.
No comments:
Post a Comment