

Today is the day that I conquer some of my OCD & Biological fears. (obsessive-compulsive disorder; biological: germs, fungus, viruses…etc.) I wanted desperately to journey around the island taking the guided pilgrimage around the island which members of the resident staff offer every Tuesday during the season from April to October. I had already received multiple opportunities to do so, and had good quality trainers for trekking (good grips and support), but they had no ‘ankle’ support. So, I wasn’t allowed to make the journey with my trainers. The only way I could was to borrow someone else’s hiking shoes. Now, feel free to call me crazy (because I often do), but I didn’t mind borrowing someone else’s shoes whom I knew. But the trouble with that is the size of my feet—they are incredibly large in comparison to many of my vollie colleagues. In fact, I am not certain that anyone with whom I worked had shoes which would fit my feet. So, to the wicker box of shoes I went. (This is a large box containing shoes for anyone to use). In many ways, I am a product of my up bringing, but not knowing where these shoes had been I had difficulty mustering up the courage to borrow a pair. Needless to say, borrowing these shoes was the only way I would be able to have the adventure around the island. So with a nudge from Karen and Katherine, I found a pair of shoes, borrowed some socks, and even borrowed a walking stick from the stash. Whew!

No comments:
Post a Comment