Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Journeys...



Tonight I journey back to the land across the pond which is my new home. I leave a few days before I originally planned…with mixed emotions. I am eager to return to my work and to my new home. I suppose I left part of myself in Glasgow and on Iona when I left in July for three weddings and an ordination. (Perhaps a new movie title coming to a theatre near you in 2007?)

My arrival in Glasgow was much like the first but with a longer time to wait in the passport entry line. Then over an hour later, once I finally arrived to speak with the customs officer, I had to wait longer as he considered the details of my visa. Thankfully, the stamp was awarded and I was on my way to find the bus to take me to the city center. I was glad to be ‘home.’

No comments: