
CHOCOLATE!
Since I have been in Scotland, I have had many opportunities to try different sorts of chocolate...I suppose this is every girl's dream (well, nearly every girl...)
I have tried Cadbury's, some sort of Canadian chocolate, and all sorts of organic chocolate, but the BEST is the FAIR TRADE, ORGANIC chocolate! You will not find a better chocolate in the world! This chocolate is better for the EARTH and for the FARMERS who grow the cocoa plants.
If you want to learn more about chocolate and other products which can be bought with the farmers in mind, please click on the picture above or visit www.fairtrade.co.uk
Other places where you can learn about fair trade & / or fair trade chocolate are: http://www.chocaid.com fighting hunger in developing countries
http://www.oxfam.org and for Oxfam in the USA: http://www.oxfamamerica.org/ http://www.christian-aid.org.uk/ churches in the UK & Ireland working together to fight poverty, injustice, etc.
http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/ outside the UK: (www.whiteband.org)
to learn more about fighting poverty in the USA see: www.one.org
http://www.traidcraft.co.uk
http://www.chocolatebar.com for chocolate which helps farmers and endangered species
Caring for the earth and providing for the poor are serious issues which face all of humanity...regardless of where you are from, the color of your skin, or even your physical abilities to do work...
Please do your part to participate in eradicating poverty...
and just think, you can start by choosing fair trade CHOCOLATE!
I personally don't want Jesus to say to me, "Jamie, you will always have the poor with you because of the decisions you make."
Together we can make a difference,
Jamie

No comments:
Post a Comment