Today was meant to be my departure day to Chicago...
in fact, I would be in the air right now, flying over the ocean
if I had boarded the plane...
BUT, as you may have read already, my new departure date is Aug 9.
Because I will be leaving for Israel / Palestine, July 25 for a fortnight.
Instead today, I am finishing reading the book: "Having Men for Dinner: Biblical Women's Deadly Banquets" by Nicole Wilkinson Duran. (ISBN: 0-8298-1710-7) This is an interesting adventure (so far) into the roles of women in various stories of Scripture and they use of food---which in many cases becomes deadly for someone (as indicated by the title).
I am writing a review of this book for our work here, and I can recommend it to anyone interested in their own femaleness and for anyone who wants to learn more about women in the Scriptures. Dr. Wilkinson Duran writes accessibly for all and has designed questions to accompany each woman's story...so if you are interseted in a bible sudy...this is interesting...
More details if you want...just email me.
DAYS TO DEPARTURE to ISRAEL............................12
Much love,
J
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment