This month finds me on a lovely journey to the land of Guiness, Bono, and 40+ shades of Green. I will be in Dublin from May 4 - 8. I am attending an event called "Soul Scripts", which is essentially a gentle time and space of journeying with your own soul and getting to know yourself in a deeper fashion. The event is organized and hosted by an organization called "Partners in Faith". Two of the folks who make up this organization are Father Ciaran (pronounced Kirr-an) and Gemma.
Then I have a few trips planned to Edinburgh--the lovely capital city of Scotland--you know with the castle, parliment, and all. Saturday May 20th, I am away to contribute a painting (acryllic on canvas) to the art exhibition which is a Growing Hope Appeal fundraiser. (For more info, see: http://www.iona.org.uk/Appeal.htm). Wednesday May 24, I am away for an event hosted by WGRG, the Iona Community, and the Church of Scotland called "Bell & Maule: Unpublished". John Bell and Graham Maule (two of the people I work with most) are hosting a 'fringe event' for the Church of Scotland General Assembly which is also a fund-raiser for the Growing Hope Appeal.
Then the last big event is our final Holy City, May 28. The theme is "Happily Ever After". I will be showing the 44minute version of the film, "We Shall Not Be Moved" which details the civil rights movement in the US. This is a definate must see if you ever get the chance. I saw it (a longer version) for the first time while I was attending seminary. It was an important feature in my course on "Prophets" with Dr. Tom Boogaart.
Well...that's May.
Blessings!
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment