Wednesday, May 31, 2006

June Events...

This is a particularly special month for me....since it is my birth month. I will be celebrating the Big 30 this year in Glasgow. WOW. I can hardly believe that the time has gone so fast! Thinking back, this will be the fourth birthday that I have spent in some country other than my homeland. I had two in Christchurch, New Zealand, and one in Istanbul, Turkey. This year I will be working on my birthday with a Holy City planning meeting in the evening---and special chocolates to eat...But then on Friday, June 2, some friends and colleagues will be joining me for an evening of celebration. So this will be great!

Saturday, June 3-9, I am away to the Island of Iona for a week of programming with John (Bell) at the Abbey. The week's theme is "Things they never told me about Jesus". I am looking forward to time on the island and in meeting some more new folk. Plus---I will once again take up my adventure to catch some oyster catchers on film (see previous posts).

On Sunday, June 11, I have the distinct privilege of preaching and leading worship for the lovely congregation of Flemington Hallside Church near Cambuslang in the southern part of Glasgow. This is the congregation where my friend Neil is serving as minister, and it is a Church of Scotland Parish.

June 14 - 22, I am away to London to do some work in a school with Alison Adam (Worship Works, http://www.iona.org.uk/wgrg/wild11.htm). On the Saturday, I will be joining John (Bell) and others at Guildford Cathedral, for the Guildford Diocese Day of Prayer. I am offering a workshop called, "Unearthing Concealed Treasures". It is a workshop to encounter and explore some of the stories of women from the Old Testament which have gone unnoticed or untold over the years in the life of the church, yet are important for us to hear. On Sunday, I will join John at St. Mary's in London, where he will be preaching and I think he has some workshops in the afternoon. Then a few days more days with Alison and a visit to my friend Caryn before returning to Scotland.

June 24-27, I will be visiting a friend in the Bradford/Leeds area. Here again I have the privilege to lead worship with her and see parts of the country.

I think that's about it for now...
Grace & Peace,
Jamie

No comments: