After Easter Sunday, I was invited to stay longer on the island of Iona and continue working as part of the program team. So, I had some time to linger and reflect on the resurrection. One such time was chasing the Oyster Catchers....elusive they were to me. (read the associated posts) Another such time was during a 'session' where Ruth Burgess (a member of the Iona Community and a writer...) lead a writing workshop. She invited me to participate, since I wasn't leading anything at the time. So, here is the poem I wrote at the table in the Abbey Library where the session was held. Enjoy! -------Jamie
Resurrection
A strange concept to me,
is the whole resurrection story.
What does it mean?
New life again,
through darkness has come,
without the whoop, holler or drum.
From deep in the earth
God’s beloved is re-birthed,
reclaiming creation
and every nation.
Restoring a vision:
True humanity without division:
body, mind and spirit,
wholly in one unit;
Bearing God’s Image,
brokenness without damage,
male & female together,
equal without measure.
Still alive and unknown
are many implications of the rolled away stone.
(c) Jamie Schmeling, 2006
No comments:
Post a Comment