
This year, the Wild Goose Resource Group's week on the Island of Iona ran from August 4-10, and was called "The Greatness of the Small". Our team joined up with our colleagues Alison Adam (Worship Works, London), Lim Swee-Hong (a University lecturer and composer from Singapore), and Jane Bentley (a percussionist & singer; she's a member of our Holy City Team). Then the regulars where there: John Bell, Graham Maule, Stuart Muir (St. Paul's Cathedral, Dundee), the Iona Abbey Musician: Gillian Cummings, and yours truly: me.
With lots of workshops and worship, work and play, we all (leaders and guests alike) sought to find the Greatness of the Small. God's bias (as evident in the Scriptures) is towards the small. Things like...widows, orphans, salt, yeast, seeds...
you remember the parable of the mustard seed...
the smallest of things...
with the greatest potential...
able to grow large enough for birds to nest in its branches...

1 comment:
Jamie, my long lost friend! I'm glad I found your blog through Stephanie Huisman's page. I still wear the beautiful scarf you made me (especially this winter... BRRRR!) and receive compliments on it almost weekly. Blessings, dahling :)
Post a Comment