Friday, October 13, 2006

News....

On Wednesday, I met with the Presbytery Clerk of Glasgow and the Interim Moderator of St. Mark's Parish Church in Drumchapel. During the meeting with them, we discussed the Church of Scotland system---parishes, and what sorts of duties would be required of me if I was approved as the next locum for the parish. At the end of the meeting, I was approved to serve as the locum, and will start Monday, 23 October. I will be responsible for leading sunday services and one full day of pastoral work in the parish each week.

I attended worship there this past Sunday (oct 8), and was encouraged by the hospitality of the people who attend St. Marks. I am looking forward to the chance to serve them, minister to them, and live out the gospel with them. So...your prayers are appreciated in this endeavor. :o)

Other Calendar Items:
Sun Oct 15 Preaching/Leading Worship at Lansdowne Parish Church
Thu Oct 18 Holy City meetings
Sun Oct 22 Preaching/Leading Worship at Flemington-Hallside Parish Church
Sat Oct 28 Taste of Iona Day (workshops from 1030-430)
Sun Oct 29 Preaching/Leading Worship at St. Mark's (first Sunday there)

Thanks a wrap!
Jamie

No comments: