Greetings everyone!
I have been traveling for the past few days, and I am pleased to report that I have returned from all these journeys to Wisconsin safely. Various bits were touch and go, but more about that later. What is most important is that I have returned a changed person....and will never be the same, nor read the scriptures the same either.
I am stateside for about five weeks, and will do my best to keep you posted on what's happening. Tomorrow (friday aug 11) I am away to South Dakota for my cousin's wedding, then back to wisconsin for a bit.
During the next week, I will be processing my time in the Middle East, and I invite you all to join me (and my colleague Helen) in praying for peace in the M.E. at 9:30 am & pm...just for a few moments of silence, lighting a candle or praying a short prayer. I was so moved my the suffering of the Palestinians etc. that I became physically ill...but I am better now that I have started doing something more about the suffering...
Thank you all for your prayers and concerns while I have been overseas, both in the middle east and in Scotland. I am grateful.
May God grant us each the power of the Holy Spirit in our imaginations to read the scripture with new eyes and ears, and to speak the truth about the conflict in the Middle East.
Every Blessing,
Jamie
PS. I have decided that once I have written some reflections, that I may refrain from posting them here because of the security issues. But I will still give you a chance to see some of the photos when I get them.
P.S.S. I have recently received a email message from colleagues which offers an alternative new approach to recent events. While it may or may not reflect your personal opinion, I invite you each to have a listen of the link. It is an interview that Sky News (UK) had between their Jerusalem correspondent and the Scottish MP (minister of parliment) George Galloway.
http://skynews-clips.videoloungetv.com/public/skynews/latest/galloway_060806.wmv
If the link doesn't work, just copy and paste in your web browser.
Friday, August 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment