Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Arrival & Acclimation



Greetings All! Just a quick update to say that I have arrived--wearily--to Glasgow on Saturday morning, June 4. I have had a lovely time getting to know the city of Glasgow, and will be living in a flat near the University when I return to the city in October. It is a lovely place, and when I figure out the picture posting options here, I will let you all see. :o) Today (June 8) I have journeyed by train, ferry, bus, ferry, and foot to reach my accomodations on the Island of Iona. I will be serving here as a volunteer for the next six weeks with the Iona Community. Here I have a chance to see and hear and live first hand in an ecumenical community and learn about the history of faith here on the island. Please do check out the website if you haven't (www.iona.org.uk) and you too can see how lovely it is. Thanks to all of you who have prayed for my safe journey. Peace out, Jamie

PS: these are pictures of the place I sleep. (well, one is of the name...)

No comments: